Reporting & Analytics
To see the meanings of all SMS metrics, check the Metrics Glossary.
- Sent: A campaign or canvas step has been launched or triggered and an SMS has been sent from Braze. It is possible that the SMS does not reach a user’s device due to errors, as explained below.
- Sent to Carrier: Braze has attempted to send the SMS through to the carriers. This stat is the sum of Confirmed Deliveries, Rejections and sends where delivery or rejection was not confirmed by the carrier. There are instances where carriers do not provide delivery or rejected confirmation, as some carriers do not provide this confirmation or were unable to do so at the time of send.
- Delivery Failures: The SMS could not be sent due to queues overflow (sending SMS at a rate higher than your long or short codes can handle).
- Confirmed Delivery: The carrier has confirmed that the SMS was delivered to the target phone number. As a Braze customer, deliveries are charged toward your SMS allotment.
- Rejections: The SMS has been rejected by the carrier. This can happen for several reasons including carrier content filtering, availability of the destination device, the phone number is no longer in service, etc. As a Braze customer, rejections are charged toward your SMS allotment.
To measure the impact of an individual SMS, a Control Group can be added to an A/B Test.
The top-level campaign details will not include metrics from the Control Group variant.
Reporting in Campaigns
Campaigns will deliver your reports in a series of blocks. You may see more or less than those listed in the tabs below, but each has its useful purpose.
The Campaign Details analytics block will give you a high-level overview of the entire SMS campaign.
This block will define the performance of the message on multiple levels (by Variant, Audience %, Unique Recipients, Sends, Sends to Carriers, Confirmed Deliveries, Delivery Failures, Rejections, and more!)
Click on the to view your message.
This block allows you to see the message’s performance over a set time period on a timeline.
Conversion Event Details
This block will show you the performance of your conversion events for the SMS message campaign or canvas.