Okta connects any person with any application on any device. It’s an enterprise-grade, identity management service, built for the cloud, but compatible with many on-premises applications. With Okta, IT can manage any employee’s access to any application or device.
- Okta must be turned on for your account. Reach out to your Braze Account Manager to have this turned on.
- You must have admin privileges for both Okta and Braze.
Step 1: Configure Braze
- Log into your Braze account using an admin account.
- Click on the drop down from your user name in the upper right corner, select
- Select the
- Turn on the
- Enter the
SAML Namewhich will appear as the button text on the login screen. This is typically your IdP name.
- Enter the
Target URLwith the
Embed Linkfrom the Okta Admin Dashboard.
- Enter the Certificate with the Certificate you downloaded from the Okta Admin Dashboard (open the file, copy, and paste).
Save Changesat the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Enable the IdP-initiated Flow
Create your Braze API Key with
sso.saml.login permission enabled.
If you do not already have a Braze API Key, go to the
Developer Console in
App Settings, then click
Create New API Key.
Then, scroll down to the SSO section and check the
sso.saml.login option and then save the API Key.
Step 3: Configure Okta
- In Okta, select the
Sign Ontab for the Braze SAML app, then click
- Enter your Braze API Key value from the previous step into the
Default Relay State:field.
You should now be able to log into Braze using Okta!
If you want your Braze account users to only sign in with SAML SSO, you can restrict single sign-on authentication from the
Company Settings page.