Before you start building your in-app message, you should consider a few of the following topics so building your message is quick and easy.
- If you are building in campaigns, how many variants of this message would you like to display?
- If you are building in Canvas, will this message be paired with other messaging channels in that step?
- When would you like your message to expire?
- In-app messages are best for users who regularly visit your app, are you including this audience?
- Where do you want your users to meet your message? In your Web app? In your mobile app?
- Which event triggers this message?
- Are any of your users using older versions of your app? If so, they might not be able to see some elements of your message. Learn more here.
- What type of device or devices are you building this message for? Remember, you can preview your message using our Preview box or Test tab.
- Which languages will you be using in this message?
- What is your Header and Body copy? Are they eye-catching and relevant to your user?
- Is your copy concise and memorable, as in-app messages only appear for a set amount of time?
- Will you be using Liquid to build more custom copy?
- Is your image or other media within the Safe Zone?
- What is your goal for this message? How can you represent that in your message?
- Do your button options offer options that make sense to your user? What is your primary call to action?
- Are you deep-linking to other in-app content? Are you using this in-app message to send and accept a permission or push priming request?
- Do you have a message exit option? If not, you can always copy and paste this snippet to create a quick button: