Migrating from News Feed to Content Cards
News Feed is being deprecated. Braze recommends that customers who use our News Feed tool move over to our Content Cards messaging channel—it’s more flexible, customizable, and reliable.
Moving from News Feed to Content Cards takes time, but it is an easy adoption! You can’t automatically migrate content from News Feed to Content Cards—you must integrate Content Cards from scratch. However, with the new flexibility of Content Cards, we don’t think you’ll miss it or mind.
Reach out to your Braze account manager for more details.
Features and functionality
Content Cards offers many capabilities that are not supported by Braze’s News Feed, such as additional delivery options like action-based and API delivery, and enhanced analytics like conversion tracking.
As you plan your migration from the News Feed to Content Cards, it will be important to note the main differences between Content Cards and the News Feed:
- Segmentation: Content Cards segmentation can be evaluated at the time messages are sent or at the time the card is first viewed. News Feed segmentation is evaluated at the time that News Feed Cards are viewed.
- Personalization: Content Cards personalization can be templated at the time messages are sent or at the time the card is first viewed. News Feed card personalization is templated at the time that News Feed Cards are viewed.
The following table further outlines the difference in supported features between News Feed and Content Cards:
|Feature||News Feed||Content Cards|
|Multivariate and multichannel campaigns|
|Scheduled, action-based, and API-based delivery|
|Dismissing and pinning cards|
|Rich analytics (e.g., conversion tracking)|
|Available in Canvas|
|Personalization and segmentation||Templated at impression||Templated at send or first impression|
- Content Cards and the News Feed are separate products, so a simple integration for your app or website is necessary in order to use Content Cards.
- If desired, existing News Feed Cards will need to be manually migrated to Content Card campaigns when you switch.
- Content Cards is not intended to be used at the same time as the News Feed, as it is a replacement for the News Feed.
- Content Cards does not currently support categories. Categories can be achieved via customization and key-value pairs.