In-app message prep guide
Before you start building your in-app message, you should consider a few of the following topics so building your message is quick and easy.
- If you are building in campaigns, how many variants of this message would you like to display? For variant testing ideas, check out Tips for different channels.
- If you are building in Canvas, will this message be paired with other messaging channels in that step?
- When would you like your message to expire?
- In-app messages are best for users who regularly visit your app—are you including this audience?
- Where do you want your users to meet your message? In your Web app? In your mobile app?
- Which event triggers this message?
- Are any of your users using older versions of your app? If so, they might not be able to see some elements of your message. Learn more about generations.
- What type of device or devices are you building this message for? Remember, you can preview your message using the Preview box or Test tab. Refer to Testing for more information.
- Which languages will you be using in this message?
- What is your Header and Body copy? Are they eye-catching and relevant to your user?
- In-app messages only appear for a set amount of time. Is your copy concise and memorable?
- Will you be using Liquid to build more custom copy?
- For full-screen in-app messages, is your image or other media within the safe zone.
- What is your goal for this message? How can you represent that in your message?
- Do your buttons offer options that make sense to your user? What is your primary call to action?
- Are you deep-linking to other in-app content? Are you using this in-app message to send and accept a permission or push priming request?
- Do you have a message exit option? If not, you can always copy and paste this snippet to create a quick button: