Social Impact Program
Tech For Black Founders
Applications to reopen early 2023.
Today, only 1.2% of founders backed by venture capital in the United States are Black. That figure is appalling and speaks to the ways in which the odds are stacked against Black technologists and entrepreneurs. The onus is on us in the tech community to radically change our industry.
In an effort to provide concrete, long-lasting support, Braze along with Alloy partners Amplitude, Branch, mParticle, and Radar launched Tech for Black Founders in June 2020. Through this initiative, companies are making it simple for Black founders to accelerate their growth, increasing their chances at securing funding and building successful and sustainable businesses.
Since launching the program, Braze has provided 22 companies with free access to its comprehensive customer engagement platform, including 11 women-founded businesses and 5 businesses based in EMEA.
We’re excited to give more Black-founded businesses the opportunity to grow with Braze and will be launching a third call for applications in early 2023, with a goal of accepting 15 new qualified businesses to the program.
Braze is a comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers relevant and memorable experiences between consumers and the brands they love. Context underpins every Braze interaction, helping brands foster human connection with consumers.
- Black Founder in the US or EMEA
- Bootstrapped Business or less than $30M in Venture Funding
- Under 100 Employees
- Compatible SDK and appropriate Engineering/Marketing resources
What to Expect from Braze:
In addition to partner-provided solutions, Tech for Black Founder companies will receive access to the following:
- A free Growth package for 12 months, with opportunity to renew at discounted rates pending business qualifications at time of renewal
- Growth 6 onboarding services to get you up and running (live within 6 weeks unless customers also purchase SMS)
- Unlimited Push Notifications, Webhooks, and In-App/In-Browser messaging for up to 250,000 Monthly Active Users
- Email costs covered up to 10M emails and two IP addresses
- 1 Currents - Messaging Events integration
- Access to our SDKs and APIs
- Braze documentation and over 25 hours of educational marketing videos and content in Braze LABs
- Access to Braze Bonfire, with a dedicated space to network with fellow Black founders in the program
Fill out the form to be among the first notified about Tech for Black Founders Program updates.
Esusu Creates A Robust Onboarding Experience That Increases Engagement
Being Black In Tech: Tech For Black Founders Companies Join Braze at Annual Kickoff
Braze Named Regional Timmy Award Winner For Tech for Black Founders Program
Tech for Black Founders Is Recognized by TrustRadius 2021 Tech Cares Award