Social Impact Program
Tech For Black Founders
Today, only 1% of founders backed by venture capital in the United States are Black. That figure is appalling and speaks to the ways in which the odds are stacked against Black technologists and entrepreneurs. The onus is on us in the tech community to radically change our industry.
In an effort to provide concrete, long-lasting support, Braze along with Alloy partners Amplitude, Branch, mParticle, and Radar launched Tech for Black Founders in June 2020. Through this initiative, companies are making it simple and free for Black founders to accelerate their growth through a variety of technologies.
Since the launch of the program, more than 40 companies, including Airtable, AWS, Notion, and Stripe, have joined and donated tens of millions of dollars of free technology to Black-founded businesses.
Now, Braze is launching a call for applications to accept 15 Tech for Black Founder companies this year.
Braze is a comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers relevant and memorable experiences between consumers and the brands they love. Context underpins every Braze interaction, helping brands foster human connection with consumers.
Since launching Tech for Black Founders, 16 companies have been using Braze for free through this initiative. While the program initially launched with U.S.-founded businesses, we have since expanded to include EMEA-founded businesses as well.
Qualification Criteria for Access:
- Black Founder in the US or EMEA
- Bootstrapped Business or less than $30M in Venture Funding
- Under 100 Employees
Participants Will Receive:
- A free Growth package for 12 months
- Growth 6 onboarding services to get you up and running (live within 6 weeks unless customers also purchase SMS)
- Unlimited Push Notifications, Webhooks, and In-App/In-Browser messaging for up to 250,000 Monthly Active Users
- Email costs covered up to 10M emails and two IP addresses
- 1 Currents - Messaging Events integration
- Access to our SDKs and APIs
- Braze Documentation
Over 25 hours of educational marketing videos and content in Braze LABs