Culture at Braze
Inclusivity, Equity, Flexibility: Braze Announces Expanded Employee Benefits
At Braze, we’ve always made our employees a top priority, not just because our team members are instrumental to our success, but also because we believe that supporting them as people is the right thing to do. Fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are respected, empowered, recognized, and treated fairly is a foundational value at Braze and something that’s central to the culture we’re building.
In line with our core values—values we have worked hard to embed into all aspects of our business—I’m excited to announce a suite of new employee benefits that will ensure that our valued team members (and their families!) have increased work/life flexibility and mental health support, while also ensuring that our benefit offerings are more inclusive.
Understanding Our Expanded Employee Benefits
New Benefit #1: Expanding Leave and Making Our Options More Inclusive
For Braze employees who need a period of leave because of medical reasons or related caretaking responsibilities or who have welcomed a new child to their family, these expanded benefits make it possible for them to balance their work and personal responsibilities.
- Growing Family Leave Policy: As part of our focus on breaking down gender norms and promoting gender inclusion with benefits—and in response to feedback received from our Parents@Braze employee resource group and employee engagement surveys—Braze will no longer distinguish between primary and secondary caregivers when an employee welcomes a new child into their home via birth, fostering, or adoption. This means that all employees can take advantage of our generous paid leave in order to bond with the newest addition to their family. Effective immediately, all eligible Singapore and US employees are now able to take 16 weeks of fully paid leave, while all eligible UK employees are now able to take 18 weeks of fully paid leave; in addition, we offer an additional two weeks flexible PTO to use at the beginning or end of leave to gradually transition. To support our rapidly growing team we have also adjusted our eligibility for paid leave from 12 to 6 months of tenure so that more employees and their families can enjoy this benefit.
- Medical Leave: All eligible Braze employees will now be able to take up to 12 weeks of fully paid medical and caregiver leave per year, depending on their specific needs, to care for themselves or a family member.
New Benefit #2: Mental Health Wellness via Digital Support (Modern Health)
With the added strain of the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize our employees’ need for extra resources, which is why we're pleased to announce the rollout of a new benefit with Modern Health, a personalized platform that matches Braze team members with the right level of care for the things that matter most to them and their families, including help for stress and anxiety, burnout, relationships, parenting, healthy lifestyles, work performance, and more. This program is available to all Braze employees and dependents and includes eight private coaching sessions, eight therapy sessions, unlimited texting with coaches, and access to a full digital library of programs and guided meditations on a 24/7 basis.
New Benefit #3: Fertility and Family-Forming Benefits (Carrot)
All employees can now take advantage of Braze-sponsored funds to help pay for fertility treatments, IVF, egg freezing, surrogacy, adoption, and other family-forming services via fertility benefits platform Carrot. With this new benefit, Braze team members have access to fertility and family-forming cost reimbursements up to $5,000 USD per year ($25,000 USD lifetime), education, virtual chats with physicians and other specialists, holistic pregnancy support, and more. While traditional medical plans require the person seeking treatment to be diagnosed as infertile to get help, with Carrot, treatment is offered for everyone, no questions asked.
While these new updates are a welcome evolution of the benefits offering at Braze, they don’t exist in a vacuum. They join a wide range of generous existing benefits offered to Braze employee, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement: Each employee is eligible for a $2,500 USD/£2,000 GBP/$3,500 SGD tuition reimbursement benefit toward external educational opportunities directly related to their current role at Braze and/or related career aspirations pertaining to other functions at Braze.
- 401K Matching: Braze will match dollar-for-dollar up to $3,000 per year to all full-time employees.
- Medical/Vision/Dental: Braze pays all or most premiums for our medical, vision, and dental plans available to all global employees.
- Access to One Medical: US employees and their dependents have in-network membership access to One Medical’s primary care practice network with convenient and accessible telehealth options.
If our mission of forging human connections between consumers and the brands they love, our core values, and our benefits included here appeal to you, head to our careers page to learn more about our current openings at Braze. Plus, check out our blog post that details how we're handling remote interviews and onboarding during the pandemic.