One (Fictional) Marketer’s Journey: Mock Up Your Vision and a Timeline
Jenny thought it was super smart how you pointed out the biggest hurdle in this plan wasn’t likely to be her boss, but the product team. So she decided to flex her design skills, venture into the integration docs with her Customer Success Manager and outline her vision and a timeline in a beautiful deck.
To accomplish this, here’s the steps she took:
- She spoke with her CSM first to get the lowdown on Content Cards, and they gave her links to all relevant documentation and case studies.
- She used her favorite presentation tool to design her idea. She drafted three versions of it: Her real vision, an MVP, and something in between.
- Next, she matched those versions up against the integration docs to map out how much time she felt her team would need to build this out.
- Once her roadmap was set, she vetted it with one of her developer friends—they met a Politer bookclub meeting (both of them wanted to read something by Octavia Butler)—and asked for some details about what it would take to build this in-house.
- She added that context, both the estimated hours and the cost of those hours (based on a quick Google search of quotes for developers in her area), and compared that hypothetical cost against the cost of Content Cards.
Jenny is tired and feels like her brain got stretched further in this process than her legs do in her virtual yoga class. But she’s proud. And she feels good about her chances of turning her vision into a reality sometime soon.