Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights is a leading enterprise customer data platform that delivers personalized customer experiences with a 360-degree view of your customers.
The Braze and Dynamics 365 Customer Insights integration allows you to export customer segments to Braze to use in campaigns or Canvases.
|Dynamics 365 Customer Insights account
|A Dynamics 365 Customer Insights account is required to take advantage of this partnership. You will need access as an administrator to view and edit connections within your Dynamics 365 Customer Insights account to access the necessary plugins.
|Braze REST API key
|A Braze REST API key is required with all permissions granted.
This can be created in the Braze dashboard from Settings > API Keys.
Step 1: Set up Braze connection
In Customer Insights, navigate to Admin > Connections. Next, select Add connections and choose Braze to configure the connection.
- Give your connection a recognizable name in the Display name field.
- Choose who can use this connection. If you leave this field blank, the default will be Administrators. For more information, refer to Allow contributors to use a connection for exports.
- Provide your Braze API key to continue to sign in.
- Select I agree to confirm the data and privacy compliance.
- Select Connect to initialize the connection to Braze.
- Select Add yourself as export user and provide your Customer Insights credentials.
- Select Save to complete the connection.
Step 2: Configure an export
You can configure this export if you have access to a connection of this type. For more information, refer to Exports overview.
- In Customer Insights, go to Data > Exports. To create a new export, select Add destination.
- In the Connection for export field, choose a connection for the Braze section. If you don’t see this section name, there are no connections of this type available to you.
- Enter your REST endpoint into the hostname field in the following format:
- In the Data matching section, in the Email field, select the field that represents a customer’s email address. Next, in the Customer ID field, select the field that represents the customer’s Braze ID. You can also choose an additional, optional field for matching data.
- Lastly, select Save.
Using this integration
Once your segments have successfully exported to Braze, you will be able to find them as custom attributes on user profiles with the same name as the segment found in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights.
To create a segment of these users, In Braze, navigate to Segments, create a new segment, and select Custom Attributes as your filter. From here, you can choose the Dynamics 365 custom attribute. After the segment is created, you can select it as an audience filter when creating a campaign or Canvas.
For more information on this integration, visit Microsoft’s Braze integration article.