Deleting users via API
When you delete a user via the Braze REST API, the following events occur:
- The Lifetime Users count will be updated to account for the newly deleted users.
- The entire user profile will be deleted.
- The deleted user will still count towards the aggregated conversion percentage. Custom event counts and purchase counts will not be updated for deleted users.
After a user is deleted, Braze does not keep any of the following data:
- Any attributes that the user had
- Email address
- Phone number
- External user ID
- Other similar data
Multiple profiles with a shared email address
Let’s say you want to merge multiple user profiles that share the same email address.
To merge these user profiles:
- Identify any users with duplicate email addresses.
- Export all the attributes of a single profile.
- Import those attributes to the user profile either via API or CSV.
- Delete the users via API, essentially deleting these duplicate users and the data outlined above.
Last updated on October 24, 2022