Removing users via API
When you remove a user via the Braze REST API, the following data is deleted (nulled):
- Any attributes that the user had
- Email address
- Phone number
- External user ID
When you remove a user via the Braze REST API, the following events occur:
- The user profile is anonymized.
- The Lifetime Users count will be updated to account for the newly anonymized users.
- The anonymized user will still count towards the aggregated conversion percentage. Custom event counts and purchase counts will not be updated for anonymized users.
Multiple profiles with a shared email address
Let’s say you want to merge multiple user profiles that share the same email address.
To merge these user profiles:
- Identify any users with duplicate email addresses.
- Export all the attributes of a single profile.
- Import those attributes to the user profile either via API or CSV.
- Remove the users via API, essentially deleting these duplicate users and the data outlined above.
Last updated on September 13, 2023