Importing Your Email List into Braze
An important step in setting yourself as a successful email sender is ensuring that you have a high quality email list. Proper email list management can improve your deliverability, and will also give you more accurate and clean campaign results.
- Validate your list to ensure you’re only importing genuine email addresses.
- A high bounce rate can damage your email sender reputation. Email list cleaning services can do this for you by determining if the email address follows the correct syntax and has the physical properties of an email address, verifying the email domain, and connecting to the email server to authenticate if the email address exists there.
- Remove deeply lapsed users.
- It is a best practice to not email users who have not engaged with an email in over 6 months as this can damage your email sender reputation. When importing your email list, ensure you don’t import users who have not opened an email from you in the last 6 months. Long term, you should also consider implementing a Sunset Policy.
- Don’t import any suppression lists.
- If you are transitioning off an existing email provider, make certain that you do not import any users from a suppression list. Suppression lists feature email addresses which have either unsubscribed, marked your emails as spam, or hard bounced.