Okta Single Sign On
Okta connects any person with any application on any device. It’s an enterprise-grade, identity management service, built for the cloud, but compatible with many on-premises applications. With Okta, IT can manage any employee’s access to any application or device.
Setting up Okta with Braze
Braze, acting as a service provider, has created a simple step-by-step guide to setup Okta as your Identification Provider. This will ensure all control is handled based on your companies security settings.
- Okta must be turned on for your account. Reach out to your success manager to have this turned on.
- You must have admin privileges for both Okta and Braze.
Login to Okta. Click Add Applications.
Find the Braze app.
Enter the appropriate domain based on your cluster.
Select SAML as your sign on option.
Click View Setup Instructions and copy the target URL and certificate that is generated.
Setup the Braze Dashboard.
- Log on to Braze Dashboard using an admin account.
- Click on the drop down from your user name in the upper right corner, select Company Settings.
- Select the Security Settings tab.
- Turn on the Okta Single Sign-On (SSO) switch.
- Enter the Target URL with the Embed Link from the Okta Admin Console.
- Enter the Certificate with the Certificate you downloaded from the Okta Admin Console (open the file, copy, and paste).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Back on the Okta Admin page, you can now assign people or groups to the Braze app.
Optional: Okta-Only Log In
Go to Company Settings on the Braze app, then the Security Settings tab to utilize Restrict Single Sign-On(SSO) and force all users to log in via Okta only. This will prevent users from logging in via password. Leaving this unchecked will allow your users to login via Okta or their password. This method can be used to help test when first implementing Okta.