Shopify is a leading global commerce company providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services engineered for reliability while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere.
The Shopify and Braze integration allows brands to connect their Shopify store seamlessly to pass select Shopify events and customers into Braze. Leverage Braze’s cross-channel strategies and Canvas to engage new leads, message new customers, or retarget your users with abandoned checkout messaging to nudge them to complete their purchase
All Braze customers looking to utilize the Shopify integration must sign Braze’s Shopify order form. Reach out to your account executive for more details.
This integration will create alias user profiles if we are unable to match Shopify data using the email or phone number (see here for more details on Shopify user reconciliation). Consult with your development teams around the downstream impacts and need to merge these user profiles as part of your user lifecycle before you enable the integration.
|Shopify store||You must have an active Shopify store.
Note that at this time, you are only able to connect one Shopify store per workspace.
|Event property segmentation enabled||To confirm you can segment your Shopify events properties, you must work with your customer success manager or Braze support to confirm that you have event property segmentation enabled for your dashboard.|
|User permissions||You have to be either a:
• Store owner
• Member with all General and Online Store settings, as well as these additional admin permissions selected:
• View Products
• Manage settings
• View apps developed by staff and collaborators
• Manage and install apps and channels
With Braze’s turnkey Shopify integration, you can:
- Seamlessly connect your Shopify store within Braze
- Allow Braze to ingest and process Shopify user data
- Sync Shopify user profiles into Braze
- Collect email and SMS opt-ins from your Shopify store to sync to Braze
Web SDK integration via Shopify ScriptTag (optional)
Braze also allows you to embed our Web SDK integration via ScriptTag on to your Shopify store. This integration requires the above prerequisites, as well as the ones found on the ScriptTag integration page.
Embedding our Web SDK via ScriptTag supports tracking the following:
- Anonymous user tracking to track guest activity in your store
- Monthly active user tracking as the Web SDK is capable of tracking session data from your store visitors
- Option to collect Shopify on-site activity users which will count toward your data point consumption
- Option to enable in-browser messaging as a channel on your Shopify store